wait so i woke up this morning into bizarro world in which amazon’s latest business move is ‘publish your fanfiction on here for cash dollars!’ in what i can only assume is an attempt to capitalize on the success of 50 shades by asking people to pay for fanfiction only the fanfiction can’t even be explicit? thereby revealing
- a fundamental misunderstanding of why many people read fanfiction in the first place
- because if they were looking to read about the characters they wanted to bang not banging, they could just buy, idk, books
- nobody knows what’s going on in publishing anymore
- the points are made up and they don’t really matter anyway
- all current executive meetings probably involve multiple board members bringing up powerpoints that read THE INTERNET: NOT GOING AWAY? and WHAT THE YOUTH OF TODAY LIKES followed by a bunch of memes and question marks
- ending in a final slide that simply reads ONE DIRECTION. HEART SYMBOL. VIDEO GAMING. THANK??? LIL BUB. FANS FICTION.
who the fuck would pay for fanfiction I mean really
I just copy-paste fics into Word, publish them as PDFs, and put them on my nook anyway.
idk if you know this already, but AO3 has an option to download fics in various formats (including PDFs) for e-book reading. I don’t have a dedicated e-reader myself, but I download fics sometimes to read on the ebook app on my iPod (Stanza).
THERE IS A FUCKING COW TRYING TO GET INSIDE MY HOUSE
I AM HOME ALONE
WHAT DO I DO THERE IS A COW PRESSING ITS FACE AGAINST THE WINDOW
tell it to mooove
stop supporting the myth that poor people don’t deserve to have “nice” things. because that sort of narrative continues to ignore the complexities of capitalism and struggle and takes us away from examining why it’s easier for someone living below the poverty line to get a smart phone than to get sustainable support for housing, employment at a livable wage, healthcare services, etc.
shush, girl. shut yo lips. do the helen keller and become an author and political activist.